CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, like, grocery stores and pharmacies.
Simple cloth face coverings can be made at home and may help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Make sure your cloth face covering:
- fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- completely covers the nose and mouth
- is secured with ties or ear loops
- includes multiple layers of fabric
- allows for breathing without restriction
- can be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
Materials you will need:
- Two 10”x6” rectangles of cotton fabric
- Two 6” pieces of elastic (or rubber bands, string, cloth strips, or hair ties)
- Needle and thread (or bobby pin)
- Sewing machine
To see more information and more tutorials on how to make masks with CDC regulations, visit Making Face Cloth Coverings by CDC.