The Developmental Disabilities Council of Oklahoma is monitoring the COVID-19 (or Coronavirus) pandemic and want to continue to provide education, guidance, and resources for families and self-advocates through all of our social media networks.
We will provide trusted information and resources from the list of categories below. First, are our tips helping you ‘FACE’ this time together through encouraging thoughts, healthy routines, dealing with emotions, connecting through technology, and our famous hashtags. Next, are additional categories related to COVID-19 from community, National, and Global trusted resources. As more information and resources become available, they will be added to this list:
1. From the Developmental Disabilities Council of Oklahoma
- Encouraging thoughts are needed through these difficult times. Feel free to spread this positivity using #DDCO.
- It is always important to have healthy routines. Not only does it improve physicality but mental health as well.
- Stay in touch with your friends and family by connecting through technology using FaceTime and other virtual, video apps.
- You may already be aware of our routine famous hashtags but for the time being, we changed them to inspire through articles, activities, and more through this pandemic. You can find these hashtags on all of our social media networks.
2. Oklahoma-Specific Resources
3. Community Organizations
4. Oklahoma Mayor Updates
5. National/Global Resources
6. Education Resources
7. Abuse and Neglect Resources
8. Additional Resources
For more resources, information, and activity/social distancing ideas while sheltering in place for COVID-19, visit our networks - Facebook page, Twitter page, and 'Current Issues' articles on our websites home page!