Today's #WorkoutWednesday is focusing on disability fitness. Kids and adults are able to do this training provided by Ivana Exercise
. This video was designed for people with I/DD and limited mobility.
Here a few exercises this ten minutes fitness training involves:
1. Head stretch - Move your head side to side to stretch your neck.
2. Reach the stars - Reach your arms out then up.
3. Shoulder shrug - With your arms by your side, shrug your shoulders forward then backwards.
4. Arm circles - Reach your arms out then rotate them in circles.
5. Shoulder stretch - Reach your arm across to your other shoulder, place the opposite hand on your arm, then push towards your chest.
6. Wrist circles - Reach both arms out and rotate just your wrists in circular motions.
7. Touch your toes - Reach down to touch your toes, stand back up for a few seconds, then repeat.
8. Leg stretch - Stick out one leg on the heal of your foot, reach down, and touch that foot.
9. Fly like a bird - Bend your knees while moving your arms up and down. For a modification, just move your arms up an down.
10. Bowling - Lunge forward while moving your arm in a 'bowling' motion. For a modification, do a 'bowling motion' without the lunge.
To watch the full exercise video, click here.
Enjoy moving today!