It is time to get involved with the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) for #TurntUpTuesday!
For Mental Health Awareness Month, NAMI is showing us a few ways we can get involved to help people with mental illnesses.
1. Find a NAMIWalk - "Participate in NAMI’s largest mental health awareness and fundraising events, taking place in nearly 100 locations across the country."
2. Attend the NAMI National Convention - "Join the nation's largest gathering of mental health advocates as we share, learn and network around important mental health issues. The NAMI National Convention offers engaging presenters, thought-provoking topics, the latest updates on research and much more."
3. Awareness Events - "Millions of American’s lives are impacted daily by mental health conditions. As a way to show support for these people NAMI participates in several annual mental health awareness events."
4. Become a Fundraiser - "There are so many gret ways you can fundraise for NAMI. You can plan an event like a bake sale, concert or gala, celebrate a milestone or create a fundraising page online."
5. Pledge to Be StigmaFree - "Mental health matters to everyone. Pledge today to promise to learn about mental health, see the person not the condition and take action!"
6. Share Your Story - "It's time we talked about mental health. Share your story."
7. Partner with Us - "NAMI's partnership program comprises an array of opportunities for engagment and is customized for the indivdual brand, company, organization, foundation or celebrity influencer."
To read more on how you or someone you know can get involved with NAMI to help people with mental illnesses, visit https://www.nami.org/Get-Involved.