Travel around the world virtually by learning about foods from different countries! Kids World Travel Guide gives us fun food facts and recipes from countries like Switzerland, South America, USA, China, Norway, and so many more!
1. In South America, cocoa beans has been used as food for more than 3,000 years. The cocoa beans grow from cocoa trees which produce chocolate. Milk chocolate was invented in Switzerland in 1875.
2. Tomatoes are thought to be originated from Peru, South America. According to the Guiness Book of World Records, the largest tomato weighs over 7 pounds.
3. In the USA, about 26 million hot dogs are eaten every baseball season. Some say, hot dogs were created and sold in the USA by Germans in 1890.
4. Did you know there are more than 1,000 species of bananas? The countries that produce the most bananas are China, India, and South America. USA is the country that imports the most bananas at 25%. Bananas are also made up of 75% water.
5. Corn was grown 9,000 years ago in Mexico. Popcorn is made with maize/corn kernels when the corn “explodes” by overheating.
To learn more facts about food, animals, culture and more from each country, visit Kids World Travel Guide.