NACDD invites you to join the advocacy campaign of the American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry (AADMD) regarding hospital visitation policy for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). In addition to formally adding your organizational support, we have also created a national petition for which anyone can add their name and organization to support this just cause.
There are number of ways to be engaged:
1. Encourage your constituents to contact their local hospitals to raise awareness about the detriment of “no visitation” policies for individuals with IDD and advocate for reformed policy as outlined in our statement.
2. Encourage your constituents to contact their State Developmental Disabilities Council to discuss this issue.
3. Disseminate this petition to your constituents in support of our policy statement: AADMD’s Visitation Petition
3. Work with the AADMD leadership on advancing this policy with a network of other organizations related to health policy impacting individuals with IDD.
4. Provide regular updates on the visitation policy effort and share to with others across the country to help mobilize and energize the base.
We have also created a COVID-19 center that houses a great number of resource material which includes a ventilation rights initiative and information about COVID-19 education.
Thank you for the support, for your dedication to those with IDD as well as to the appreciation that the care and supports of people with IDD is a team effort.