National Call-In Day on Tax Bill - 12/18/2017
Join people with disabilities, our families, and advocates around the country for a national call-in day to educate and inform legislators of concerns with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA).
National Call-In Day on Tax Bill
Contact Oklahoma Senators Jim Inhofe and James Lankford as well as your Representative during National Call-in Day: December 18, 2017!
Call the Capitol Switchboard number 202-224-3121 or 202-224-3091 (TTY) or visit https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative to find your Representative.
Here is the Facebook event and here is a website with information.
The Senate and House have each passed versions of the TCJA and the bill is in a conference committee to come up with the final bill. This will keep Congress in session longer, likely extending the conference process, and giving advocates more time to reach out to their members to discuss the tax bills. Conference vote is possible mid-week this week, but could be later.
WHAT TO SAY
- I am your constituent from <city, Oklahoma>.
- I am a <person with a disability> or <person who cares about someone with a disability>
- Will you please report my concerns on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act?
- This tax bill will hurt people with disabilities and their families because it dramatically cuts the revenue needed to fund Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, housing, and other services that benefit people with disabilities.
- Members of Congress who support this bill have already said that they next plan to make cuts to Medicaid, Medicare and other programs on which people with disabilities rely to address the increased deficit caused by this bill.
Wed, December 13, 2017