As more Coronavirus cases rise again in Oklahoma, it is no secret that times keep getting more stressful with all of these changes. Fortunately, there are ways that can help us relieve stress, even from the comfort of our own home.
Stress looks different to many people. We do know that both chronic and acute stress can have negative impact on our health. So what can we do to make our stress levels go down? The American Institute of Stress asked experts for their best stress-relieving activities you can have at the ready, even if you can’t go outside.
Here are just a few:
- Do a quick exercise - quick bursts of movement are great for stress especially when it makes you feel jittery.
- Do something tactical - pop bubble wrap, take your change jar to the bank, make slime with yours kids.
- Point your brain at a problem - do a word puzzle or organize your shoes.
- Dance like no one is watching - this has been studied for a long, long time that dancing relieves stress.
- Take a bath - changing the temperature of our body helps our sensory's to slow down
To see more ways to relieve stress, visit The American Institute of Stress.