You are here
The Developmental Disabilities Council of Oklahoma is monitoring the COVID-19 (or Coronavirus) pandemic and want to continue to provide education, guidance, and resources for families and self-advocates through all of our social media networks.
We will provide trusted information and resources from the list of categories below. First, are our tips helping you ‘FACE’ this time together through encouraging thoughts, healthy routines, dealing with emotions, connecting through technology, and our famous hashtags. Next, are additional categories related to COVID-19 from community, National, and Global trusted resources. As more information and resources become available, they will be added to this list:
1. From the Developmental Disabilities Council of Oklahoma
Encouraging thoughts are needed through these difficult times. Feel free to spread this positivity using #DDCO.
It is always important to have healthy routines. Not only does it improve physicality but mental health as well.
Recognize your emotions.
Stay in touch with your friends and family by connecting through technology using FaceTime and other virtual, video apps.
You may already be aware of our routine famous hashtags but for the time being, we changed them to inspire through articles, activities, and more through this pandemic. You can find these hashtags on all of our social media networks.
2. Oklahoma-Specific Resources
- Oklahoma State Dept. of Health Information: 1-800-522-0203
- Oklahoma Crisis Intervention Center: 405-945-6215
- Oklahoma Autism Center: 405-842-9995
- Oklahoma Disability Law Center: 405-525-7755
3. Community Organizations
- TARC: 918-582-3628
- Administration for Community Living (ACL) COVID-19
- ACL - What do Older Adults and People with Disabilities Need to Know?
4. Oklahoma Mayor Updates
- Edmond: 405-348-8830
- Guthrie: 405-282-2489
- Lawton: 580-581-3500
- Mid-West City: 405-739-1209
- Moore: 405-793-5000
- Norman: 405-366-5406
- Oklahoma City: 405-297-2424
- Pauls Valley: 405-238-3308
- Ponca City: 580-765-2485
- Tulsa: 918-596-7411
- Yukon: 405-354-1895
5. National/Global Resources
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention): 1-800-232-4636
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- World Health Organization: 1-202-974-3000
- Protecting Your Home Against Flu, Coronavirus, and Other Illnesses from the National Council for Safety, Protection and Wellness: 877-208-3907
- NNED - COVID-19 Resources for Diverse Communities: 720-446-0726
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness): 800-950-6264 or text "NAMI" to 741741
6. Education Resources
- SDE Special Education
- Engaging Families to Support Distance Learning During Covid-19
- "The Role of the DSP and Coronavirus"
7. Abuse and Neglect Resources
8. Additional Resources
- California State Council on Developmental Disabilities Coronavirus Scam and Fraud Alert: English, Spanish
- New Hampshire’s Multi-Lingual Resources
- Emergency Picture Communication Aid: English
- Emergency Picture Communication Aid: Spanish
- CARES Act Bulletin
- Communicating with People with Disabilities through video and Communicating with People with Disabilities through Emergency Briefings from FEMA: 202-626-2500
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act 2020