You are here
Family Employment Awareness Training
Key Principles of FEAT are:
- Everyone can work when provided with appropriate supports and services.
- Everyone can have a job that is both enjoyable and satisfying.
- Everyone can make more money working than by relying on public benefits alone.
FEAT is a 2-day workshop for self-advocates, families, and professionals.
Learn about state and federal resources supporting young adults with disabilities so they can work in YOUR communities.
FEAT Trainings include:
Day 1: BUILDING the DREAM for EMPLOYMENT
- Discover outside-the-box job possibilities
- Discuss need-to-know transition info
- Meet individuals with disabilities who are successfully employed
Day 2: IDENTIFYING & ACCESSING RESOURCES
- Meet people from your community who are providing services to help individuals prepare for, find, and keep a job.
- Learn about antidiscrimination laws
FREE for attendees:
- Lunch and snacks
- Training materials and resources
- Time to network with families, employees, employers, and entrepreneurs
- Access to representatives from agencies and organizations providing employment resources